Hornby Railway Collectors' Association
The Leading Society for Vintage Hornby Trains 1920 to 1965
Welcome to our world! HRCA members have been playing trains for over 50 years: 1969-2022
Our Winter Event of Hornby Trains was held at the Statfold Barn Narrow Gauge Railway Museum on Saturday 19th February 2022
The event was a great success with over 300 members attending!
There were Hornby O-Gauge layouts in both Clockwork and Electric, Hornby Dublo in both 3-rail and 2-rail and Hornby Acho, together with static displays of Meccano, Bayko, Dinky Toys and much more. There were also many trade tables selling vintage Hornby trains and spares, together with the ever popular Bring and Buy stall.
5 O-Gauge (inc 1 clockwork) layouts
1 static O-Gauge display
3 Dublo 3-rail layouts
2 Dublo 2-rail layouts
1 ACHO lauout
2 Bayko, 1 meccano and 2 Dinky displays
22 Traders, plus large Members Bring and Buy
If you'd like to attend future events and aren't yet an HRCA member, you are very welcome to join us now. Our next event is planned for Autumn 2022.
Joining is quick and easy online, or you can send a cheque by post.
Video by kind permission of HRCA Member Clive Bennett
Perhaps you'll recognise your childhood toys via a video reminder?
Let us introduce ourselves and outline what the association does.....
Did you ever play with Hornby 0-gauge or Dublo? Then you'll enjoy this website. Society members organise many area meetings throughout the country. The HRCA produces a monthly journal ('the Collector'), and has links with a number of sister organisations abroad. There are thousands of us across the country and round the world - join us! Certain parts of this website are for members only including a Forum and Wiki.
The HRCA is a non-profit-making organisation, founded to stimulate interest and facilitate communication among collectors and operators of Hornby Trains and accessories, specifically the '0' Gauge, Dublo & Acho ranges, as manufactured by Meccano Ltd. in their British factories up to 1965 and overseas up to 1973. Feel free to browse the website to get more information about the society and its functions, and be sure to consider applying for membership.
The HRCA has around 2,000 members world wide interested in Vintage Hornby trains manufactured by Meccano Ltd:
- Hornby O-gauge clockwork and electric (1920 to 1965)
- Hornby Dublo 3-rail clockwork and electric (1938 to 1965)
- Hornby Dublo 2-rail electric (1959 to 1965)
- Hornby Acho 2-rail electric (1960 to 1973)
Membership of the HRCA affords many benefits:
- Monthly 40+ page colour journal the 'Hornby Railway Collector' (excluding January & July) Click here to view Sample Journals
- Directory of Replacement and Repair Services lists around 100 suppliers (both on-line and in hardcopy)
- Details of local area groups
- Auction sales for members only (online catalogue with photos of each lot)
- Annual Model Railway Exhibition and AGM
- Library and back issue services for the journal
- Association Regalia (badges, embroidered pullovers, etc.)
- Access to the members' area of this website
- Lively on-line discussion Forum
- On-line access to all Journals (right back to issue 1 in 1969 when the HRCA was formed!)
- Detail diary of events and local area group meetings
- On-line access to a growing list of original Catalogues and Publication
You are welcome to browse this website and visit the Photo Gallery. Click here to see the full list of membership rates and application forms.
The HRCA now has a presence on Facebook! Whilst our Forum, Wiki, Auction Catalogues, On-line Journals (and more) remain in the 'members only' arena, you are very welcome to post your pictures and comments on our Facebook pages. If you like what you see then please do consider becoming an HRCA member. Our membership rates are very reasonable and we even take Direct Debits and PayPal these days!
H.R.C.A. LTD is a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11146345, whose registered office is at Olympus House, Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV34 6BF