Hornby Railway Collectors' Association
The Leading Society for Vintage Hornby Trains 1920 to 1965
Welcome to our world! HRCA members have been playing trains for over 50 years: 1969-2022
Our Autumn vintage Hornby trains event will be held at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire CV35 0BJ on Saturday 1st October 2022,10am to 4pm
HRCA Members will also enjoy free entry to the Motor Museum on the day.
Join us today for a 'vintage' day of model trains and vehicles!
There will be a good mix of Hornby O-gauge and Dublo layouts in both Electric and Clockwork. There will be many trade tables selling vintage Hornby trains and spares, together with the ever popular members' Bring and Buy stall.
If you'd like to attend this and future events, and aren't yet an HRCA member, you are very welcome to join us now. We currently have reduced rates for part year membership:
Online Membership for £16 from now until April 2023 (was £25)
Paper Membership for £22 from now until April 2023 (was £33)
Joining is quick and easy online, or you can send a cheque by post.
Perhaps you'll recognise your childhood toys via a video reminder?
Let us introduce ourselves and outline what the association does.....
Did you ever play with Hornby 0-gauge or Dublo? Then you'll enjoy this website. Society members organise many area meetings throughout the country. The HRCA produces a monthly journal ('the Collector'), and has links with a number of sister organisations abroad. There are thousands of us across the country and round the world - join us! Certain parts of this website are for members only including a Forum and Wiki.
The HRCA is a non-profit-making organisation, founded to stimulate interest and facilitate communication among collectors and operators of Hornby Trains and accessories, specifically the '0' Gauge, Dublo & Acho ranges, as manufactured by Meccano Ltd. in their British factories up to 1965 and overseas up to 1973. Feel free to browse the website to get more information about the society and its functions, and be sure to consider applying for membership.
The HRCA has around 2,000 members world wide interested in Vintage Hornby trains manufactured by Meccano Ltd:
- Hornby O-gauge clockwork and electric (1920 to 1965)
- Hornby Dublo 3-rail clockwork and electric (1938 to 1965)
- Hornby Dublo 2-rail electric (1959 to 1965)
- Hornby Acho 2-rail electric (1960 to 1973)
Membership of the HRCA affords many benefits:
- Monthly 40+ page colour journal the 'Hornby Railway Collector' (excluding January & July) Click here to view Sample Journals
- Directory of Replacement and Repair Services lists around 100 suppliers (both on-line and in hardcopy)
- Details of local area groups
- Auction sales for members only (online catalogue with photos of each lot)
- Annual Model Railway Exhibition and AGM
- Library and back issue services for the journal
- Association Regalia (badges, embroidered pullovers, etc.)
- Access to the members' area of this website
- Lively on-line discussion Forum
- On-line access to all Journals (right back to issue 1 in 1969 when the HRCA was formed!)
- Detail diary of events and local area group meetings
- On-line access to a growing list of original Catalogues and Publication
You are welcome to browse this website and visit the Photo Gallery. Click here to see the full list of membership rates and application forms.
The HRCA now has a presence on Facebook! Whilst our Forum, Wiki, Auction Catalogues, On-line Journals (and more) remain in the 'members only' arena, you are very welcome to post your pictures and comments on our Facebook pages. If you like what you see then please do consider becoming an HRCA member. Our membership rates are very reasonable and we even take Direct Debits and PayPal these days!
H.R.C.A. LTD is a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11146345, whose registered office is at Olympus House, Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV34 6BF