About the HRCA
Hornby Railway Collectors Association
Founded April 1969 by Peter Randall
President: Nicholas Kitchen
Chairman: Don Gatiss
WHO WE ARE: The Hornby Railway Collectors Association was founded for the purpose of stimulating interest among collectors and operators of Hornby Trains and accessories, both '0' Gauge and Dublo, as manufactured by Meccano Ltd. in their British factories up to 1965 and overseas up to 1973.
WHAT WE DO: The Association is a non profit-making origanisation and all officers serve in a voluntary capacity. It does not trade in Hornby Trains or any other product, except for its own publications or authorised copies of original material.
JOURNAL: Our principal activity is the production of a Journal, "The Hornby Railway Collector", which is professionally edited and printed. This relies on members for contributions of both technical and historical interest and provides a platform for exchange of views, ideas and experiences of collecting, operating and restoring Hornby trains.
H.R.C.A. Ltd: In May 2018 the HRCA formed itself into a company limited by guarantee to protect the rights of its members. H.R.C.A.LTD is a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11146345, whose registered office is at Olympus House, Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV34 6BF.
- EXHIBITIONS: one or more exhibitions per annum for members only, many working layouts, related exhibits and trade stands dedicated to Vintage Hornby
- REPLACEMENT AND REPAIR: Our Directory of Replacement and Repair Services includes around 100 suppliers of parts for Hornby 'O' Gauge and Dublo trains and also replica and new production items and restoration services.
- ARCHIVE DRAWINGS: Copies of many original Meccano Ltd drawings available for research or reproduction of parts.
- MODEL INSURANCE: We are able to advise the names of two specialist model railway insurers. (We cannot however recommend an insurer due to financial law).
- VALUATION SERVICE: For Executors and Trustees of deceased member's collections.
- LIBRARY SERVICE: Copies from, or loans of, back issues of the Hornby Railway Collector.
- BACK NUMBER SERVICE: Sale of complete new or second-hand issues.
- ASSOCIATION REGALIA: Badges, embroidered pullovers, etc.
- LOCAL AREA GROUPS: Some with regular formal meetings, others organising specialist meetings, exhibitions and sales of for Hornby Train collectors.
- AUCTION SALES: Sales of members/widows/widowers collections, either Online or Live Auctions, usually 3 or 4 per annum, detailed catalogue and images of each item
- ACCESS TO MEMBERS AREA OF THIS WEBSITE: Discussion Forum, Wiki, all Journals back to number 1, Journal Indexes and Detailed Diary Dates.